Sheppy’s House of Cider and Fine Foods is a recently re-developed visitor attraction including an extended farm shop, cafe, restaurant and bar. It is anticipated that the whole facility has the potential to become Somerset’s premier cider destination, serving tourists and locals alike with a first class experience in all public areas, based on a high level of customer care and attention to detail.
The facility will be open seven days a week and shift patterns will vary according to the needs of the business.
Closed: Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day and the first Saturday in September (Sheppyfest Cider and Music Festival).
This post requires 40 – 45 hours per week, throughout the year, including Bank Holidays and school holidays.
We are looking for:
A cheerful and enthusiastic team player who has the following personal qualities:
- Excellent articulacy and written communication skills
- High standards of presentation personally and in all areas of work
- A delightful manner with customers and colleagues alike
- Ideas and enthusiasm
The successful applicant will have:
- Previous cellar management experience
- Previous food and beverage management experience
- Good wine, drink and food knowledge
- A motivational style
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Enthusiasm for high quality locally produced food and drink
- A flexible attitude to teamwork across the whole business
- Enthusiasm to grow and develop the bar and restaurant business
- A personal alcohol licence (ideal, but not essential)
- Two good quality references relating to your previous employment, attendance, honesty and personality
The post requires you to:
- Put customers first and make yourself part of their memorable visit to Sheppy’s Cider
- Encourage your colleagues by example to maximise the customer experience and sales
- Have a knowledge of licensing laws and how to apply them
- Observe and implement good health and safety and security practices
- Be responsible for complying with COSHH regulations as they apply to the bar and restaurant
- Operate the tills efficiently and accurately including stock management
- Recruit, train and supervise restaurant and bar staff
- Devise and manage staff rotas to ensure adequate cover
- Ensure the bar is well stocked and presented
- Manage bar stocks to minimise waste while ensuring the highest quality serve
- Ensure that good cleanliness and hygiene are maintained in the bar and bar cellar, with appropriate record keeping
- Ensure all deliveries are checked and matched with orders
- Be vigilant in relation to possible theft of stock anywhere in the business
- Be responsible for forecasting and setting budgets and for pricing and managing margins
- Work co-operatively with the Directors, Chef, Events Co-ordinator and all other staff on a daily basis and in the management and planning of special events
- Monitor and respond to social media and Trip Advisor posts as necessary
- Carry out any other tasks within your ability as requested by senior staff
- Support and training will be given in all areas required.
- The post-holder will report to the General Manager
You will receive:
- On site free parking
- 20% staff discount on shop products, meals on duty and for meals with a family member or friend (no more than two).
- Enrolment in a pension Scheme with Royal London after a period of three months’ employment.
Terms of Employment:
- Employer: Sheppy’s Cider Ltd
- Hours of work: The post will be over 5 days a week, which will include weekends and evenings.
- Probation: 5 months
- Salary Range: Circa £25,000 based on experience
- Holiday: 28 days per annum, including Bank Holidays
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org