Chef de Partie
Sheppy’s House of Cider and Fine Foods
This job is a full-time position in a recently re-developed visitor attraction including an extended farm shop, new cafe, restaurant and bar. The facility has the potential to become Somerset’s premier cider destination, serving tourists and locals alike with a first-class experience in all public areas, based on a high level of customer care and attention to detail.
The venue is open for breakfast and lunch seven days a week and Friday and Saturday evenings for a more refined dining experience. Shift patterns will vary according to the needs of the business. Events and functions take place from time to time during the weekday evenings.
Closed: Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day.
This post requires a minimum of 40 hours per week, throughout the year, including weekends, Bank Holidays and school holidays.
We are looking for:
An experienced and ambitious Chef de Partie to support the Head Chef and Sous Chef to produce menus to the highest standards of quality and presentation, using locally sourced ingredients from within and around the establishment.
The successful applicant will have:
- Proven experience and ability in a busy, fast-paced kitchen
- Ability to remain calm and efficient under pressure
- High standards relating to presentation and attention to detail
- Reliability, patience and flexibility to grow within the team and develop with the business
- Enthusiasm, with a cheerful disposition as part of a team under the supervision of the Head Chef
- The relevant professional qualifications in cooking/catering and food hygiene to perform this role
The post holder will be required to:
- Contribute to a friendly, flexible team
- Execute kitchen methods and procedures to maximise efficiency, speed, quality and presentation
- Assist with the preparation of menus and equipment for an effective service
- Abide by the highest standards of health, hygiene and quality in the kitchen, including assistance with a weekly deep cleaning schedule and record keeping
- Constantly seek to deliver the highest quality to customers
- Maintain high standards of personal hygiene, dress and appearance
The post-holder will report to the Head Chef.
The successful applicant will receive:
Free on-site parking
20% staff discount on shop products, meals while on duty and for meals with a family member or friend (no more than two).
Enrolment in a pension Scheme with Royal London after a period of three months’ employment.
Terms of Employment:
Employer: Sheppy’s Cider Ltd
Hours of work: Hours will be over 5 days on a weekly rota including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays
Probation: 5 months
Salary range: Hourly rate dependant on experience
Holiday: 28 days per annum, including Bank Holidays
Start date: As soon as possible
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org